Wednesday 13 July 2011

Matthew Stevens


DOB:11/09/1977
Status:Professional
Nationality:Wales
Birthplace:Carmarthen, Wales
Residence:Swansea, Wales
Partner:Claire
Children:Freddie and Ollie
School:Bro Myrddin in Carmarthen
Qualifications:Sadly not!
Started playing:1985
Started At:Terry Griffiths Snooker Club in Carmarthen
Biggest Influence:My parents
Club:Terry Griffiths Matchroom in Llanelli
Turned Pro:1994
Best Ranking:4
Career High Amateur:Winning my first Welsh Junior title.
Career High Professional:Winning the Masters at Wembley.
Proudest Moment:Becoming a father
Worst Moment:Losing to Shaun Murphy in the quarter-final of the world championship 13-12 after leading 12-7. A win would have kept me in the top 16.
Funniest Moment:Um - I once had a bit of an accident before I went out to play Graeme Dott. Enough said, I think!
Highest Break:145
Event:1996 Grand Prix & World championship
Against Who:I really cannot remember
YearTournamentAchievement
2005Northern Ireland TrophyChampion
2000Embassy World Professional ChampionshipRunner Up
1998Liverpool Victoria UK ChampionshipRunner Up
1999Liverpool Victoria UK ChampionshipRunner Up

No comments:

Post a Comment